It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Beta
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:07 pm 
Raptor Bait

So well, I'm not going to ask when the Beta will start, because you'd probably just say "soon" or something along those lines. And also knowing when it'd start wouldn't make it start any sooner...

But what I'd like to know if it's going to be a Windows only beta or a Windows/Linux Beta, right from the beginning.

Post subject: Re: Beta
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 pm 
Donator

I volunteer for testing :) No but really, Is it going to be an closed or open beta?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 pm 
Raptor Bait

Temuzu wrote:
I volunteer for testing :) No but really, Is it going to be an closed or open beta?

The definition of closed and open has shifted a lot during the past few years.
Now many people see betas as kind of a demo... And many developers even charge you for participating in the beta...

Best closed beta I've participated in lately was the one for Fallen Earth. You didn't feel like you reported bugs to the virtual trashcan. You got a reply to every bug report. It usually took them 1-2 days to get to your report. But their responses were definitely written by humans... or by a very sophisticated script. :P

I guess it'll be called a closed beta, but I'm also sure that there will be stuff leaking through. Back in the golden days, everyone could participate in open betas and you did not have to be "accepted" for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:02 pm 
Hunter-gatherer

I gues its an closed Beta as the team can select who gets in. Or at least so it seems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:14 pm 
Raptor

People who pre-order the game will automatically be approved for all alpha / beta testing. Other than that all beta will be closed beta for the start of up which will then lead into open beta.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 pm 
Raptor Bait

AshtonAndersen wrote:
People who pre-order the game will automatically be approved for all alpha / beta testing. Other than that all beta will be closed beta for the start of up which will then lead into open beta.

You did not answer my Linux question. Would you mind to answer it?

And can you already talk about pricing right now? Are we talking about 30 like most indie games (e.g. Overgrowth, Natural Selection 2) or more like 50?
And do you have a rough timeframe for when the preorders will start?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 pm 
Raptor

As for Linux, Linux support is all ready working and as for pricing we can not say yet but I do not believe in games costing 40 -60 usd. So you can bet it's going to be in the $20 price range but that may change if a publisher picks us up and has their own pricing system.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:27 pm 
Raptor Bait

If a Publisher picks you up, the Unigine will also get more expensive. :P
But then that would probably be the Publishers problem, heh.
But, uh, well, the cost of the Unigine will increase quite considerably if you ain't Indie anymore, so not sure if any Publisher would want to take that.

Thanks for the infos though.

Hm, never mind, I just checked the Unigine pricing again, and it's almost the same, no matter whether you're Indie or not. Only things that's different is when you have to pay what amount...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 am 
Egg

AshtonAndersen wrote:
As for Linux, Linux support is all ready working and as for pricing we can not say yet but I do not believe in games costing 40 -60 usd. So you can bet it's going to be in the $20 price range but that may change if a publisher picks us up and has their own pricing system.

That's actually good to hear, although 40 dollars isn't bad for maybe a special edition. Guess we'll wait and see if a Publisher picks you guys up :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:41 am 
Raptor Bait

Tex1090 wrote:
a special edition.

*cough* Jasmine act photography *cough*